السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته
Assalamu Alikom wa Rahmatu Allahi Wa Barakatuh
- Alhamdulilah, Ramadan is upon us. Insha’Allah, the first day is Friday April 24th. We plan to have a virtual daily khatirah at 9:30. This will be broadcast on our Facebook page (https://m.facebook.com/
lubbockmuslims/). Please like the page to receive our updates that way. Shaikh Samer has sent a Ramadan update on Friday. It is included at the end of this message in case you missed it.
- We pray to Allah to ease the pandemic and allow us to return to normal. However, no community congregations are planned this Ramadan. In addition, small masjid iftar is off given the social distancing and the fact that many students will be out of town doing virtual learning.
- The economic impact of the pandemic has affected our community. Some more than the others. Alhamdulilah, we do have funds to keep the masjids running. Shaikh Samer has called many community members who may be in need. Alhamdulilah, most are still getting by. We are attempting to meet all the needs of those who are not. Any community member in need should contact Shaikh Samer ([email protected], 806-319-1596) indicating his/her need. We will do our best to fulfill the needs of our community.
- Please stay turned. We are finalizing our fundraising plan for this ramadan. Nevertheless, Allah removes calamities by the barakah of Sadaqa and Zakat. Anyone interested can still submit their zakat through the masjid website or by mail. Please visit our website for more information (https://lubbockmuslims.org/
- Islamic Sunday school activities are on hold. Please find a great resource to continue Islamic studies with your children in your home (https://www.qalam.institute/
- If you wish to contact members of the Executive Community, you may do so by sending an email to [email protected] If you are interested in joining ICSP-Imam Corner WhatsApp group, please send a WhatsApp message to +1 (806) 319-1596. If you are interested in volunteering to help in community support, please send a WhatsApp message to +1 (434) 409-0552.
- May Allah put barakah in your Ramdan and help us all attain the highest state of piety despite the unprecedented experience we are having.
- FROM SHAIKH SAMER:
Abu Hurayrah reported: “The Messenger of Allah [peace and blessings of Allah be upon him] said, ‘There has come to you Ramadan, a blessed month which Allah has enjoined you to fast, during which the gates of heaven are opened and the gates of Hell are closed, and the rebellious devils are chained up. In it there is a night which is better than a thousand months, and whoever is deprived of its goodness is indeed deprived.’”
According to ISNA, the first day of Ramadan this year will be Friday, April 24, and the first day of Eid will be Sunday, May 24. I ask Allah (SWT) to always keep His blessings and favors upon us and our families and to help us perform our best worship in this blessed month of Ramadan.
Unfortunately, we will not be able to hold any prayer or activities at the Masjid this Ramadan due to the current pandemic, however, we will still be able to communicate with our communities through our daily khaterah, which will be at 9:30 P.M., through the Masjid’s Facebook page.
Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) prayed Taraweeh prayer (night prayer) at home and this is a perfect opportunity for us to practice Ramadan’s worship and activities with our families at home following the sunnah of our Prophet. Furthermore, some members suggested to have Taraweeh and Jumaa’ prayer online, which according to the Muslim scholars can not be done due to many reasons that you all can search online for. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me through my email, [email protected], or through this phone number: 806-319-1596. Be on the lookout for more updates within the week through the ICSP email list, WhatsApp groups, and Facebook page.
Finally, I highly recommend the following Ramadan program to be practiced in Ramadan so that we can attain the state of Taqwa (consciousness of Allah) and get the greatest reward of this blessed month:
Things to do in Ramadan:
Tahajud prayer before Fajr
Fajr prayer with the family
The morning Athkar after Fajr
Pray the five daily prayer with Jamaa
Keep giving donation (Zakat and Sadaqa)
Read one Juzu’ from the Quran everyday
Read at least half a page with reflection on the Ayat and their meaning
Choose a surah to be memorized by everyone during Ramadan
Read one Hadith everyday from Forty Hadith al-Nawawi, the book is available online in PDF format
The evening Athkar before Maghreb
Listen to the khaterah at 9:30 P.M.
Pray Isha and Taraweeh with the family and try to always to alternate in leading the prayer
Sleep early so you can wake up for Tahajud prayer
And Obviously, refrain from all forbidden deeds all the time, especially during Ramadan
I ask Allah to guide us through Ramadan and to accept our fasting and good deeds, and to forgive any shortcomings we make.