- Please remember that Allah and his prophet Mohammed “PBUH” highly encouraged Muslims to arrive to Jumaa prayer as early as they can. This means before the KHUTBAH starts. Please take time from your busy schedule to be early for Jumaa.
- Next Saturday, 2/22, at 7 pm we have interfaith forum (https://www.eventbrite.com/e/2020-interfaith-conference-tickets-64485436677). We encourage you to attend. See information in the attached pamphlet.
- Saturday, 2/29, at 6 pm we have a puppet show done by our youth. If you have young children, please join us to enjoy a Muslim family environment, be entertained, and support our Muslim youth who invested large effort in the preparation. See attached pamphlet.
- We have one more week left before our community survey closes. Please complete the survey using this link (https://www.surveymonkey.com/
r/FH7287Z) or email brother Mazen Sabouni at [email protected], if you prefer to fill a hard copy.
- Insha’Allah during the first weekend of April, the executive committee plans to meet with all available members of the community to share the results of the survey, communicate progress, and solicit input. Please mark you calendar. More details to come.
- In an effort to organizing our volunteer activities, Brother Athar Battoo will be our contact person. This effort will help us coordinate volunteer efforts and generate volunteering certificates for those who need them to prove their participation for school records. If you, your child or other family members would like to be included in our volunteer group, please email the completed volunteer form attached below to brother Athar at: [email protected].
If you are interested in serving on the Lubbock community development and service board, you can find out more and apply here: https://ci.lubbock.tx.us/
cityboards then select “Community Development & Services Board”. This is a good opportunity for someone to have a positive impact on Lubbock community.
Less than 50 Days until Census Day. Muslim representation is important. Please participate. For more information, please visit the 2020 Census website. https://2020census.gov/en.
- Fair at 6:40 am and Isha at 8 pm.